Organising an event requires a considerable amount of forward planning, time, risk and expense. Approximately 9 months prior to the race taking place, we have already committed money, time and organisation to the race. From this moment on we start to incur costs. These include such things as administrative, insurance, advertising, BTA and printing costs. We have to book the venue, arrange first aid cover, equipment and specialist services such as timing & results, hire lifeguards, and commit to the event before any entries have been collected. Whilst we are investing into the cost of staging the events, there is no guarantee of their success.
As an event draws nearer, we continue to incur costs, many in relation to the number of entrants in the event. If you pull out of any other event you have paid for (football match, cinema, theatre, concert etc.), you are not entitled to any refund. This is regardless of the reason - injury, illness, business / work issues, holidays, pregnancy etc.
If for any reason we have to cancel the event we think it proper that we give you a full refund, for not providing you with the event. If you pull out of one of our events for any valid reason, it is unreasonable to expect a refund, as we are still providing you with that event.
However, if you do need to withdraw from any of our events and provided we get enough notice, we are prepared to give you an element of your entry fee back.
This is our withdrawals policy for all our events:
- You must notify the race director in writing by email to email@example.com
- The date of your withdrawal is as shown on the email.
- Entries are not transferable between races or individuals.
- Send your withdrawal email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the word 'withdrawal' in the subject line. In the body of the email please provide your name, address and date of birth to ensure we credit the correct individual. For security, the refund will be credited back to the card through which the original payment was made.
Refunds will be issued as follows:
1. Notification as per email date:
1.1. 6 weeks or more prior to event = 80 % Refund
1.2. 4 - 6 weeks prior to event = 50% Refund
1.3. Less than 4 weeks prior to event = No Refund