CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB MEMBERS
Our Code of Conduct offers guidelines designed to help protect club members*, ensure fair treatment of all members and ensure that we stay a friendly, accessible club.
By joining the Club, you agree to abide by these guidelines: -
- Members should only train within their abilities and levels of fitness, taking care to warm-up adequately prior to participation and to warm-down, to protect against personal injury.
- When cycling or running members must obey the rules of the public highways, according to relevant laws.
- Members should ensure that their equipment is in good working order and appropriate for the relevant activity.
- When cycling all members must use a (fastened) helmet, which has a recognised standard of production (ANSI, Snell, kitemark etc.)
- When cycling and running at night or in reduced visibility during a club session, members should wear reflective clothing wherever possible.
- When swimming at a club pool session, members should consider safety at all times and ensure that their behaviour is considerate of others. This includes observing lane etiquette and ensuring that help is given to those in need of assistance.
- During club swimming sessions, members should not run on the poolside or in the changing room and should not dive in the pool where depth is less than 1.6 metres or where signs indicate diving is prohibited.
- Members should wear appropriate attire at all times during club sessions, including suitable swimwear in the pool.
- When swimming in Open Water, members should ensure they are familiar with any local safety requirements.
- Members will communicate with the Committee if there are any reasons why they should not be eligible to train with or coach (where applicable) junior members under the rules and regulations of the sporting bodies to which the club is affiliated.
- Members will abide at all times with the Club Constitution
- Members with businesses or services which may benefit other club members should always inform the Membership Secretary in the first instance so that these benefits are communicated to all members via the annual membership pack and ad hoc email updates. This is to ensure that the Club Facebook group remains impartial, informative and relevant.
- Members will entrust the administration and organisation of the Club to the elected Club Committee.
- In accordance with ‘fair play principles’ members should follow all the rules and never deliberately break a rule, should aim to compete fairly using talent and ability to win, refuse to win by illegal means or by cheating, respect all race and technical officials and their decisions, recognise and acknowledge good performances by others and maintain dignity and self-control in all circumstances.
- Members will encourage and commend fellow competitors, whether independent or members of other clubs
- Members will raise any significant queries or concerns with the Club Committee in order that they may be addressed on a timely basis
- Members will uphold the good name and reputation of Rugby Triathlon Club, both inside and outside of Club activities.
- Members will respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of gender, race, place of origin, athletic potential, colour, sexual orientation, religion, political beliefs, socio-economic status, marital status, age or any form of disability.
- Members will accept the responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
*’Member’ is classed as any person who actively takes part in any session organised by, or on behalf of, Rugby Triathlon Club.
Last updated: 21 June 2018